Wednesday 23 December 2009

My Favourite Christmas Movies and TV

My Favourite Christmas Movies

Elf- Saw this very recently and it was such a sweet movie that I couldn’t help but be melted by it. Will Ferrell is surprisingly wonderful in the lead role.

Home Alone- A fun Christmas classic, that can really make you feel all Christmassy inside.


The Muppets Christmas Carol- This really scared me the first few times I watched it (especially the Christmas future bits) but I love the Muppets and this is the only version of the Christmas I’ve ever seen and probably ever will, as I’m still a child at heart. Cute and loveable.

Miracle on 24th Street- (the newer version) This sweet and uplifting movie is a must- see Christmas film. Will help to re-affirm your belief in Santa Claus!!


My Favourite Christmas TV Episodes


Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Amends: The only Whedon Christmas episode but it’s a real gem. Its very dark with the arrival of the First but the endings really sweet.


The OC- The Best Christmakkuh ever: The original Christmakkuh episode and as the title says the best. I like the merging of the holidays which just makes it totally fun!!


Veronica Mars- An Echolls Family Christmas: The first full episode I watched of the show, the episode had a dark undertone to Christmas in Neptune.


Scrubs- My Own Personal Jesus: Very Christmas-affirming, its typical Scrubs which means its very funny but also very sweet.



Friends- The One with Phoebe’s Dad: Friends didn’t always do Christmas episode preferring to do Thanksgiving and this was their first and IMO their best. The two storylines are funny and Phoebe’s storyline is very sweet. I also love the present scene at the end of the episode!


Chuck- Chuck Vs The Santa Claus One: of my favourite episodes of Chuck. Its a very sweet and funny episode which unites all the shows characters. Sad ending though.


Ugly Betty- Lose the Boss: This isn’t technically a Christmas episode but with the Suarez family decorating the tree it feels like one. There are a lot of lessons about family here and cute scenes with Daniel and the Suarez’.



Merry Christmas Everyone!


2 comments:

shawnlunn2002 said...

Good selection of stuff there, Merry Christmas Nat.

Nat said...

Thanks, Merry Christmas to you too Shawn, hope you had a great one!