Monday 29 March 2010

Mini Reviews- March 29th

Desperate Housewives- 6x09 Would I Think of Suicide
Not a bad episode and perhaps better than the last. Gabby/Carlos go to war with Lynette over her hiding her pregnancy. Since I like Carlos, I'm almost glad to see that it was Gabby holding his strings for most of the episode. Carlos had a right to be pissed but he was childish and I was on Lynette's side by the time he fired her.
Katherine's descent into crazy is a little tiresome now, especially since her Mike obsession is a little hard to understand (I mean he's no Nathan Fillion!). Her stabbing herself was very effective though.
Poor Danny Bolen or should I say Tyler? Its a hard on him that his dad got to Julie first, especially when it was obvious that Danny liked her. His suicide did mean we got some more details into the Bolens past, though I have to say I hope we don't get too many too soon as it that has spoiled many a mystery in DH.
Oh and I didn't buy Susan forgiving Bree so easily, Susan is very vindictive and likely to hold a grudge.
Note also was the dead waitress still of school age, Ana said she was friends with her, but the waitress seemed much older.

Brothers and Sisters- 4x11 A Bone to Pick
An endearing yet rushed episode. Ryan's treachery was revealed and no surprises but he was the only match for Kitty and he came through, despite the not very tactful way Nora asked/told him. Kitty's scenes were very sad especially with Evan; her recovery felt rushed though, its probably something that could've waited till the next episode. The side story of Kitty's affair with a famous Democrat was amusing and a bit silly but I liked the way in which in tied the story together and also gave us some sibling time. No comments on her adultery with a married man though, which is odd.

Greek- 3x19 The First Last
Its a shame that the show was only recently renewed as its obvious the show was fearing cancellation so tied up many loose ends in this episode before the characters go on Spring Break next week. The Blue Ribbon competition was nicely rounded off with ZBZ winning back their number one status, though I would've preferred to see another Green Week in the next chapter. Calvin and Grant inevitably broke up- there were hints of a possible Calvin and Heath reunion, which I would absolutely love! I was most excited by the KT's plans for revenge, can't wait for the finale now!

2 comments:

shawnlunn2002 said...

Desperate Housewives, wow I didn't expect Katherine to actually go that far even though she's been a loose cannon since the start of the season.

I liked Brothers And Sisters this week. Sure, we've had stronger episodes but this one was satisfying enough for me.

Nat said...

I didn't expect her to go that far either, pretty extreme. Could've been a bit more of a hardcore storyline if it hadn't been so farcical up until this point.