Thursday 27 August 2009

Chuck in 3D and The Wire season 4 thoughts


I was very excited about the 3D Chuck episode I blogged about recently, unfortunately the episode was little disappointing both in quality of 3D and content, The 3D effects seemed to be only present some of the time, and whilst it worked for certain scenes well, it didn’t for others. Plus I was concentrating hard to see the 3D content which was a little headache inducing. The episode itself was ok, without the 3D gimmick it would’ve been mediocre.


Finished The Wire season 4 a week or so ago and it was amazing. A lot of people have said that this is the best show ever and s4 was its best season and whilst I have yet to see s5 (will start it soon) I have to agree. The season was just unbelievably tragic. May not sound like the appropriate synopsis for such a good season, but I think its very apt. I can’t wait to see s5 and then re-watch the whole show on DVD.


I’ve updated a list my 20 favourite shows on the right just for interest. I am blogging about TV after all!!

4 comments:

shawnlunn2002 said...

Brilliant. I need to watch more of The Wire.

I do like Chuck and I more than understand the hype surrounding it but I just don't catch it enough times.

I was wondering, will you be getting around to watching True Blood because it's another successful string on HBO's bow?

Nat said...

Have you seen much of The Wire then?? I'm pretty positive you'd enjoy it!

I think I might give True Blood a chance when it airs on Channel 4.

shawnlunn2002 said...

I've seen bits and pieces and I do like it. Sonja Sohn who played Kima was also Trish in Brothers And Sisters. At some point I want to blog reviews for some of HBO's finest shows.

You should enjoy True Blood. There's a high sex content but plenty of substance to back it up.

Nat said...

If you get a chance try and watch The Wire from the beginning, so much more satisfying and enjoyable like that.