Monday 15 February 2010

Mini Reviews- February 15th

Desperate Housewives- 6x03 Never Judge A Lady By Her Lover

Not a very good third episode unfortunately, probably because there was too many storylines going on with each main housewife (minus Katherine) having their own mostly separate storyline. This meant that Bree's quite interesting and funny storyline was finished with very quickly into the episode and forgotten about by the end. Susan's storyline was completely silly and annoying, but I did like Lynette's and want to see where they go with this one in the next few episodes. Can't quite decide on the new family, they seem mostly likable and Angie and Danny seem to have a close relationship. However we know they are hiding something and for the sake of the show's mystery format, I want it to be something interesting and shocking. The worst bit about this episode was the return of John Rowland, a character who should've never returned post season 1. The producers must really like the actor to bring him back because as a character he is smarmy and one dimensional. Plus the fact that Gabby is still holding a torch for him is just stupid and spoils one of the few likable couples in the show.

Dollhouse- 2x09 Stop Loss


Quite a disappointing episode I thought. I was hoping to get more Victor screen time but we actually got very little in the only episode centred on him. The Echo is special spiel we keep getting is annoying me a lot and I found myself rolling my eyes at the end when she was in the attic, despite the attic reveal being quite cool. I'm also getting increasingly annoyed with the Victor/Sierra 'our love transcends all' farce. Its yet another thing I'm finding hard to suspend disbelief for, even if the pair can be cute at times.
Olivia Williams was brilliant at being an utter bitch in this episode and I loved it especially when she came back fighting after her drunken binge. Not sure why but I oddly find myself rooting for her rather than Echo et al, perhaps because Echo's 'specialness' as stated earlier.


Brothers and Sisters- 4x04 Last Tango in Pasadena

A fairly frivolous episode. The dancing bits with Giles Marini are a little tacky, even if the background behind it is a cross promotion with Dancing With the Stars. Although maybe its his uneven and weird French accent that's off-putting. (NB apparently he's actually French and used to live in France when he was younger. The accent must be one of those Americanised accents that they usually do with British accents. Its still uneven however)
I liked seeing Paige and Coop though, they have been away from the family fold for too long. Kitty and Robert had some lovely scenes, I really liked the fireworks at the end of their date. Sarah and Nora had some good moments together confronting each other about what the other needed to do as well as learning from their mistakes. Really not sure about Scotty and Kevin using their absent yet very close friend from season 1 as their surrogate. Seems strife with problems. It makes me laugh that up until only recently they are portraying Holly as a shrewd business woman, yet in this episode we find out she put all her money in one investment. Marked character change yet quite ironic. Sadly it probably means more storylines for her which we could do without.

2 comments:

shawnlunn2002 said...

I agree with your comments on Desperate Housewives and Brothers And Sisters but I think I enjoyed the Dollhouse episode more than you did.

Great blog.

Nat said...

Thanks for commenting. I don't know why but I was oddly unmoved by Stop Loss. I'm going against the grain with that thinking though.