Monday 30 August 2010

Emmys 2010

Apologies for the long break in blogging. It's not just that now my Buffy/Angel Rewatch is over that I've given up (!) but other personal stuff plus a pretty crappy cold I was suffering from last week kept me from blogging. To make up for it I'll be posting a few blogs over the next couple of days!

First up the Emmys!

To make use of the UK Bank Holiday today I stayed up and watched the E! Coverage of the Emmy Red Carpet. The coverage was definitely worse than in previous years: a lot of E! 'stars' were interviewed in favour of real stars and the pacing was definitely off as they struggled to fill the first half hour and the last 15 minutes as everybody had gone in by that point. I tweeted a bit about it whch you can see to the right hand side of this blog, probably if you scroll down a bit :)

Fashion wise there are always the usual hits and misses. Here are some of my favourite outfits from the night:



Julie Bowen looked lovely in a navy blue ruffled dress and her hair looked stunning. Not sure why she was there but I loved Kim Kardashian's Grecian inspired white dress. Both colours very popular all night






A lot of people didn't like Christina Hendrick's lavender colour gown, but I think it looked lovely on her.
I curse her for her youth and stick insect figure but Sarah Hyland's dress was just gorgeous.






Elizabeth Moss looked just great in this light coloured gown. Julie Benz as always looked amazing following the one shoulder strapped trend this time in white. Her hair looked great too, I' guessing hair extensions.



And some of my worst:

January Jones looked a bit like a mermaid in this dress, though I did like the colour. She didn't make much effort with her hair either.
She had a newlyweds glow but Anna Paquin's military topped dress was just a bit weird.



Winning wise, I think it was actually a pretty good year. There weren't many major upsets or shocks and I think that generally the right people won. I was especially pleased to see Modern Family take home quite a few including one for best show- I was afraid it would go to Glee, which IMO had a much less funnier season than MF which was very much consistent.

The cast also did a great skit for the Emmys involving George Clooney- luckily he didn't need to do anything for the skit other than look pretty:

2 comments:

shawnlunn2002 said...

Nat, that's a great look up at the Emmy stuff. I'll try and catch it tonight and leave True Blood for Tuesday reviewing.

BTW, seen the new trailer for Season 7 of Desperate Housewives. It's on my blog now.

Nat said...

Thanks. There aren't as many pics as I would like up, so my choices were a little limited.

I have- commented on your blog too!