Wednesday 15 July 2009

Dexter season 3 (spoilers!)

Season 3 of Dexter concluded last week with me managing to watch to show in 3 weeks :) It was an excellent season and I was surprised after the finale to read many negative comments about the season.



Miguel Prado was an excellent antagonist and I thoroughly enjoyed the ups and downs in his relationship with Dexter. One of the reasons I maybe enjoyed this main storyline so much is because I wasn’t spoiled as to what was going to happen; in s1 I knew about the Rudy/Brian/ITK thing and in s2 I knew Doakes would die. However apart from the wedding and baby I didn’t know much about this season, which really added to the suspense. Plus I got to watch the season all in one ago which is how I like it, instead of having to wait a week for each episode.


I also loved that the show began fleshing out the supporting characters giving quite a few of them love interests. Debs relationship with Anton was especially sweet as was Angel's with Barbara. One of my favourite storylines of the year was Camilla's passing (not in a morbid way though!) Dexter ending her life but having doubts over whether to do so shows that he does have his moments of genuine emotion. I was really surprised when she revealed that she knew Rudy/Brian was Dexter's brother. Makes me wonder if she doesn't have an inkling as to who Dexter really is.


Dexter’s relationship with Rita went from strength to strength as well and they had some lovely moments together including when Dexter decided to be a father, (when he touched Rita's belly)

when he proposed (to the kids as well- aw bless) and the wedding

(where he chose to keep her secret and his reaction when he saw her in her dress). It was all very sweet and touching.



Overall this was a great season and continues the high standard set by the show in its previous 2 seasons. With the baby on its way (and a really cute promo pic!) I can't wait to see where the show goes from here!!

2 comments:

shawnlunn2002 said...

That was bloody brilliant. I'm glad you're going to use this blog as well as TV.Com (found my blogs on movietome, so I've linked that on blogspot).

Season 3 of Dexter was quite the rollercoaster. The Skinner probably didn't work out that well but Miguel certainly did and Deb as always was her excellent self.

That Season 4 photo looks brilliant. I was just wondering two things - a) have you read the Dexter books? and b) are you gonna watch True Blood?

Nat said...

Thanks!!

This site is just so much easier for blogging than tv.com, makes it a lot more enjoyable experience!

I'm a maybe on the Dexter books, I've read your reviews of them and they sound really good, but I'm more of a chick lit kinda girl.

Probably not on True blood for now, as I'm already watching quite a lot. Its going to be shown on ITV after FX so maybe then.